Eight year old boy killed by toxic fumes
An eight year old boy was killed and his 52 year old father was left unconscious after they were overcome by toxic fumes from a slurry tank on a farm in Northern Ireland.
Tributes have been paid to the eight year old boy while is father remains in critical condition.
A post man raised an alarm when delivering mail to the neighbour’s farm they had been working.
The young boy was airlifted to hospital where he was pronounced dead in a hospital.
The teachers at his school are trying to decide the best way to comfort his classmates.
It was said by the head master that “he lived for weekends to help his dad on the farm”.
“He had such a caring nature and was friends with everybody and always made time for people”
Videos were launched last week about farm safety highlighting dangers for children by the Health and Safety Executive.
Slurry pit accidents have been a recurring problem for Northern Ireland’s large rural population.
For more information please see link:
Posted: July 14, 2014 at 7:26 am