Toddler accidently killed by stair gates in family home
Subject: Toddler strangled by broken stair gate
A toddler has sadly died after his head became trapped between two stair gates that were intended to keep him safe in his family home.
The little boy, almost two years old, was left unable to breathe when his arm and neck became wedged between the gates which were installed on his bedroom door to stop him falling down the stairs.
The little boy’s Mother found him at the doorway of his bedroom but despite her best efforts he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The stair gate was installed only 36 hours before the horrific accident occurred. The bottom bolts of the top gate became loose, leaving the gate swinging and fixed by only two top bolts, trapping the boy between them.
Posted: January 17, 2014 at 9:05 am