A worker died after falling from a roof
A worker died after falling from a roof.
The 55-year-old worker was taking part in work which was taken place on a barn roof, which consisted of him installing metal brackets for a new roof to be fitted.
It is believed the worker, who was left unsupervised working on a roof slipped and fell eight metres. The post-mortem revealed he died of serious head injuries and serious internal injuries.
This tragic case no doubt involved a claim for compensation at work following the fatal accident. As the main cause of death relates to a fall from height, the solicitors acting for the dependants/next of kin will be considering the Fall from Height Regulations which govern the health and safety of workers in the workplace. For more information on this topic, please visit Work Accidents – Fall From Height At Work.
Fatal Accident Claim Advice Line
In such tragic circumstances the dependants will be faced with many questions on what to do following a death at work. Such questions will include:-
- How and why did the accident at work happen?
- Who is responsible?
- Was the deceased to blame in any way?
- What if blame is made against the deceased, what do I do? Am I insured?
- Who is a Coroner? What is the role of a Coroner?
- What is an Inquest? Do I have to attend an Inquest Hearing?
- Who pays the bills?
- Do I need a Fatal Accident Claims Solicitor?
- What about the house?
- I cannot afford to pay the mortgage or rent, where do I find help?
- Who is entitled to the deceased estate or property?
- How do I claim compensation?
All of the above questions following a the death of a close family member are just a small number of enquirers that you will find answers by contacting us for sympathetic and professional advice.
The family are entitled to submit a claim to get fatal accident at work compensation on behalf of the deceased if there is blame.
Not only can the family get fatal accident at work compensation, they are able to claim bereavement award and dependency claim which includes funeral expenses, serious loss due to being dependant to the deceased.
Posted: June 1, 2015 at 12:40 pm